SIP spindle moulder, alot of kit...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoops!

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm looking to get a bigger SM than my current Kity, I have been interested in the jet, but now I've seen http://www.toolstop.co.uk/sip-01456/014 ... iage-p3705, Seems like a lot of bang for your bucks.

Does anyone have any more info on these?? I know it isn't going to be Felder quality, but if the table is level and the motor motors, etc etc.. I think it looks like a pretty good deal, and I have seen them cheaper - for about £900 on ebay.

love the sliding carriage, thats looks the buisness!! though does look suspiciously like a Scheppach copy. No complaints there though.

Decklan.

o.k so no takers on the 'Waddyaknow?' front, how about how's the general quality of SIP machinery

anyone??

Decklan.

Have a table saw and dust extractor they are robust and just fit for purpose with no frills and lots of self assembly.

I tend to do loads of big stuff and really do need a large sliding table. I have someone offering me the jet spindle moulder for £650 (2nd hand), but I'm not sure wether the table is big enough, and as for the tenoning table-it's minute!

The axminster one does definitly look like a possible contender, I see what you mean. It's quite alot lighter than the Jet, but hey, easier to move, right?

I still have memories of a commision I had 3 years ago for a HUGE set of gates, in total 5metres long and 2metres high. I remember trying to manhandle the spars and rails across my diddy kity spindle moulder (Tenoning and moulding,), Trying to support one end with my knee whilst trying to keep it at 90 to the fence, my roller supports not supporting properly( uneven floor), oooh yes, I remember [-X , never again if I can help it.

I like BIG tables on my equipment,

Oh, and if anyone has a SM for sale with all the above requirements please pm me. Single phase 240v, maxing at 20A draw.

Thanks

Decklan

SIP have made industrial compressors for many years.
They started making small compressors for home use 6-7 years ago.
I bought my small compressor primarily because it has a double outlet as standard.
Soon after they started with small woodworking machines and have increased the range over the last few years.

Dewy,

I think you will find SIP make nothing.
its all chiwanese imports most stuff is very similar to Ax . Charnwood etc

Their " factory" is just down the road from me and I know two folks who work there.

Latest posts

Back