sip machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

has anyone had any experience of using SIP machinery?in particular bandsaw and planer/thicknesser. the prices are very good but hands on usage is the best test

I have owned their P/T for over a year and it is great. Only problem was slight damage to one of the rubber coated rollers - replaced under warranty free of charge.

Extremely good value for money.

Welcome to the forum, jellybeenuk.

I can't recall much discussion about their bandsaws off hand, but I know we've had quite a few discussions about various things in their range and the P/T in particular. Probably worth a search, if you haven't already.

Cheers, Alf

I have had my SIP P/T since February and it has done all I have asked of the machine, this week I chipped the blades (on a piece if enbedded grit) but upto then the blades were performing OK at 8 months. The handbook that came was very poor, they said they were going to reprint/rewrite.

thank you for the replies which were quite favourable fo SIP. ithink i will go ahead and purchase a bandsaw and p/th. i have been offered a good price and no delivery charges.i previously had an inca bandsaw and a kity p/th which i sold when i moved to a smaller house a descion i have regretted many times so i am replacing with cheaper but newer .

Quote from Good woodworking aug 2004:- at £250 the sip 01486 has good capacities it ripped and crosscut pine oak and saple easily.........if you need a cheap m/c and wont be running it for hours you could do worse. Id pay £120 more for the record power bs300. it has more power and a quick release blade tension system which is excellent.

Back