sip dust collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
just bought a sip dust collector at the n/wales tool ex ,what do you guys use to replace the plastic bag when its full .(i dont fancy emptying it into another bag ) b/q sell theirs for £2 for one i think its a bit steep at that price . and did someone post a tip on how to hold the bag while fitting the clip. ps i got it for £95 .

thanks frank

Frank,
I undo mine, cover it with a black sack, turn the whole thing over and tip it into the black bag. Tie the top up and, viola!, one empty bag. (do this outside though, it can be a little "fun" :lol: )
Oh, and wear a dust mask too!
My original plastic bag has lasted about 18 months like this, and I use my dust extractor a LOT.
hope this helps,
Philly :D

Frank... I do virtually the same as Philly...

The chip bag on mine is held on nasty lil hooks around the perifery of the outlet; holds the back in place while ya footer with the spring clamp.. eventually the top of the bag gets a bit tattered; quick trim with a sharp knife and it's good to go again..

thanks lads i think i will let the wife show me how to do it a few times :p

why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin ? :?

The tip for holding the bag while fitting the clips was to use an elastic belt, the old snake ones we of a certain age will remember fondly.

Hope this helps

Bean

Bean":26a3jz5j said:
the old snake ones we of a certain age will remember fondly.

OK then Bean where can I get one without paying a fortune for it?

I saw some on a rack while shopping with the LOML and nearly fell over on seeing the £34.95 price :shock:

I'm sure they were only a couple of bob tops when I was a kid. :?

Possibly Joh Lewis Partnership, I had an emergency with one of my girls and bought one in there, for about a fiver. As an alternative how about a length of bungee cord from your local friendly climing/outdoor shop, couple of quid tops. :)

I seem to think the price of a couple of bob was about right Dave, where I grew up you could get nice stripy one from the Army & Navy Store. :D

Bean

Hi Frank

I posted the tip using the snake belt and got my belt from the local market for around a pound or two

Cheers

Tony

Hi All,
Another little tip for two bag dust collectors-I stick a length of sticky back foam tape (the draught excluder type) around the tim of the extractor, under where the metal spring clamp will sit. When you do up the clamp it seals the bottom bag very nicely. (I found fine dust sometimes found its way out :cry: )
Oh, and don't forget to occasionally clean the top bag out-turn it inside out and clean with a vaccuum, or put a dust mask on and beat the living daylights out of it outdoors! This makes quite a diference to "throughput".
hope this is of help,
Philly :D

Fitting the clear plastic bag is a bit of pain!
I use a bit of masking tape to gather the bag on the rim to temporaily hold it and then fit the metal clip - makes it much easier

thanks lads i wish i had of kept my snake belts now they must be worth a fortune :D the wifes not to happy about showing me how to change the dustbag ,and she said i could not use the elastic out of her knickers to hold the bag in place :shock:

why dont you ever see the head line "psychic wins lottery"

Back