sip 6 x 10 belt & disc sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well just got around to unpacking it today as i am starting to move things into my nearly completed workshop .Well first impressions ,packaging is dire on the stand but not too bad on sander .After 20 mins of straighting out the stand on with the assembly .The same guys that made MFI furniture must have made these as its a real fiddle to get bolts and holes to line up .Dire instructions as usual 20 mins of head scratching and its together poorly designed and very poorly finished but no sharp edges :shock: . Onto the next box first impressions metal must be in short supply in chiwan these days plastic city, all covers and some of the body looks like a poor airfix kit .Hey ho lets mount it on the stand ,well easier said than done you need to have kids hands to get the bolts in (maybe that who makes em) after hearing the nuts hit the inside floor of the cabinet about 20 times its together . Next mitre fence assembly fairly straight forward no real problems until you move the mitre fence it sounds like nails down a blackboard :x . Ok well here goes plug it in and try it out OMG whats going on it sounds like i am behind a jumbo at heathrow jesus its noisy time to grab the ear defenders :shock: . Well the belt adjustment works well for centering the belt ok a little test seems not too bad on the belt lets try the disc blimey if you ain't careful you'll be down to your knuckles :lol: pretty rapid stock removal . So to sum up build quality well lets drop the quality side and just say its built , its very noisy , the mitre gauge and table is almost laughable but it sands very well .i will get a machine cover for it incase anyone pays a visit to the workshop to save those :oops: moments .I must admit if i had paid full price for this it would be heading straight back to where it came from but as i only paid around 33% of the RRP i can live with it . It should be priced IMHO about the same price as a perform not the 2/3 of the price of the jet JSG96.

anobium punctatum":1sbznhn6 said:
So to sum up build quality well lets drop the quality side and just say its built...i will get a machine cover for it incase anyone pays a visit to the workshop to save those :oops: moments
ROFL :lol: Great review, AP :D

Cheers, Alf

Cheers for the review-very brave of you to buy this kinda gear for review purposes :lol:
Bargains are not always bargains, as this kind of thing proves time and time again. Budget tools are flawed from the get-go as good engineering and quality materials do not go with cheap price/high profits.
commiserations,
Philly :D
(who has bought his fair share of clunkers in the past.....)

For a sander the sip's RRP (around £240 - £280 ) is not too budget also many people speak highly of their P/T's but at the 100 dabs i paid for it it'll do until it falls apart maybe next week :oops: :lol:

Latest posts

Back