sip 6" benchtop planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone got one of these? cast iron and not a bad price will i regret the purchase?

Tom

Tombo

I wouldn't worry too much. SIP kit tends to be pretty good on the whole. The point above is aimed at one particular instance of a problem

I have the SIP 10" planer/thicnesser and have owned it for about 2 years now. Trouble free and superb.

I certainly do not regret buying it nor my SIP sliding compound mitresaw :wink:

Tom wrote:

OK IKE,

why? have you got one or can you suggest an alternative?

No Tom, but I remembered some earlier stuff on the forum. SIP is OK. Perhaps slightly more of a lottery getting a bad 'un, or if it'll get heavy use day in, day out. Otherwise, exceptional value for money I'd say.

cheers

Ike

tombo":5jz6uzfb said:
anyone got one of these? cast iron and not a bad price will i regret the purchase?

Tom

I got one and I think it's great.
Of course, I did as usual get a bad 'un at first with the infeed table not coplanar to the outfeed. But that's just me and is this continuing thing going on between me and the Universe. Everything I buy has to go back at first. I always get the bad 'un. Not fair really but I suppose people should thank me for sweeping up all the ones that got missed by the QA people and sending them back to the manufacturers.

And yes, I'm still sure it's out to get me. :?

Back