Sip 10" table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelvin501

Reaction score
Hi (my first post!) I'm a carpenter I do little bits of joinery and have a sip 10" table saw which I love as it's portable and powerful enough for my needs.
Trouble is I have broken the screw mechanism on the fence I have written to sip about spare parts but as yet haven't heard back from them.
What I would like to know is can I buy a new fence of the shelf for this anywhere?
Thanks for reading kelvin

I have found they can be slow to respond, for some reason my emails to them usually end up in their spam folder! I would give them a ring.

You don't mention which model you have, but you should be able to find a list of available spares HERE

Thanks for a quick response, it's a MJ10250 I have all the part numbers I'm so used to emails I never thought about ringing will give that a try tomorrow

You could also try:

http://www.sipuk.co.uk/tools/START.htm

- I got spares for my no-longer-manufactured SIP P/T from there before Christmas. Although either they've butchered their website or I can't find my way back to the particular part of it was I looking at, 'cause I'm sure that I just looked through a long list of parts and hit "add to basket" next to them...

That number is not a typical SIP machine number style so almost certainly a badged product from someone else (as much of heir stuff may well be?)

If you don't get any joy from SIP directly then google that machine number as it appears to have been sold by many other suppliers including Axminster under their perform badge.
Axminster's support is top notch so I would expect them to be able to help if anyone can.

Good Luck

Bob

You can also consider making a fence fairly easily and cheaply. Much depends on what's broken, but assuming you have one smooth surface to fix to you might give it a try. I've got a SIP bandsaw: to be honest, the fence is probably its weakest feature. It's working up to giving up on me (the clamp isn't adjustable and it's getting weaker and weaker), when I shall have to arrange a replacement myself.

Looking at the manual I found for your saw (by Googling), it does seem to be a badge-engineered jobbie. It's also not a particularly nice fence arrangement as such, and you could probably do a lot better yourself. There are several sets of plans around the net, and a certain Mr. Maskery also has a build on one of his DVDs, IIRC. Perhaps worth a look.

Did it just give up or did it get broken? If it gave up, the chances are a replacement will go the same way...

Just a few thoughts,

E.

Thanks for your help guys! It is a generic model I have seen it with different badges. I broke the plastic handle then started to use a spanner to tighten it which over time stripped the thread, the fence was always a weak point which is why I tended to over tighten however I have had it for nearly ten years and it wasn't expensive so it don't owe me anything.

Hi Kelvin

Well if you intend to continue to use the machine, and obviously you do, why replace a weak fence with another weak fence? With some off-the-shelf steel, a few nuts and bolts and a toggle clamp, you can make a superb, rock-solid, slides-nicely fence in a morning. It will transform your saw and won't break the bank. It will give a Beismeyer a run for its money.

Eric: It works on bandsaws, too - thanks for the plug!

Cheers
Steve

Well you've got me thinking now! I did my time in a joinery shop a wandering fence is a pet hate of mine, looking at the stock fence it has a long screw which I could replace with threaded rod but it's not the best I'm going to look at making one

Back