SIP 10" Table Saw: Router Table Modification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the forum, so working on the basis i am posting in the correct section.

With the extensive knowledge and skill across the forum i would greatly appreciate any advice and input from anyone who has converted/modified the afore mentioned Table Saw RHS Out-feed table to a router table?

I will soon be moving home, and finally to a property with a garage which will be setup as a home workshop for me, so after a few years of the tools i am looking forward to bringing everything out of storage and getting working again with multiple projects already lined up for the new house, and for friends already asking. Hence the above question and trying to make the most of limited space with the tools/machinery i have.

Thanks in advance......

I haven't converted the existing table but have added a folding extension which works very well. I used a cheap Rutlands table when on offer, threw away the cr*p insert and replaced with an Incra plate, collet extension and Router Raizer fitting from Peter Sefton. My DeWalt 625 goes in underneath. I used some square tubing I had to make the supports so can put it up in a couple of minutes and added a NV switch & socket to connect.
I used some ash for the timber supports and 4 standard HD brass hinges

Note photos are of the original insert, the Incra plate is aluminium.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 302
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 300
I would not advocate cutting into a cast table as it will almost certainly warp once metal is removed.
Nothing worse than a warped router table.
Lons's solution will be a far superior solution.

insert plate 001.JPG
As said above dont try cutting up a cast wing. I have seen proper cast router wings for table saws but they are not so common now. All you need sheet material. It is OK to drill holes for bolts in the side of cast wings so you can hang a router table off the side. This is my setup. You also have the bonus of being able to mount the router fence on the saws fence. I did however like that folding setup so if I ever do it again then that looks a good option.
Regards
John

Attachments

• insert plate 001.JPG
    insert plate 001.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 225
  • insert plate 002.JPG
    insert plate 002.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 150
Back