sip 10 inch bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoder

Established Member
Reaction score
SIP 10 inch bandsaw,been offered one cheap to put me on untill I find a good second hand one.

Does anyone have one any feedback,I only need it for small work,its offered at 50 quid.

Any thoughts ?

It's obviously 2nd hand.

RogerP":153vj47b said:
Sound okay but depends on the model - do you know any more about it?

Hi Roger this is as much as ive got

SIP 01484 variable speed

Blade size 6-13mm
Max Cutting height 120
Blade length--1790
table size 350 x 320
Max width of cut --245mm
spedd780 m/min
weight 30kg

Well it's a little on the small side but I've found SIP products to be quite nice, sure they are Far Eastern like most else these days, but as clones go SIP seem to make a good job of it - at least with the stuff I've had. Still got their 01344 P/T which has been very good. If you don't foresee wanting to cut anything thicker than 120mm or wider than 245mm it should do you fine - given that it's in good condition - and you fit a Tuff blade :)

RogerP":2nxy3jae said:
Well it's a little on the small side but I've found SIP products to be quite nice, sure they are Far Eastern like most else these days, but as clones go SIP seem to make a good job of it - at least with the stuff I've had. Still got their 01344 P/T which has been very good. If you don't foresee wanting to cut anything thicker than 120mm or wider than 245mm it should do you fine - given that it's in good condition - and you fit a Tuff blade :)

Yeah i think im gona give it a miss Roger and keep the 50 towards a bigger on after christmas,it is a bit on the small side...

Thanks for the feedback

Dave

RogerP":3q5o5kb3 said:
If you don't foresee wanting to cut anything thicker than 120mm or wider than 245mm it should do you fine - given that it's in good condition - and you fit a Tuff blade :)

I realise you're probably pretty much decided, but for what it's worth I'd second this. This is the model I have myself, and I've had no problems with it. I put my first Tuffsaws blade in it this afternoon, and it was slicing through 80mm of laminated ash and walnut like it wasn't there. I don't think you're likely to find anything better for £50!

That said, do I recall from another thread that you already have a benchtop bandsaw? I'd certainly agree it's not worth buying another one if you're expecting to get a bigger one in the near future anyway.

SIP bandsaws do indeed make for a very good first purchase of a bandsaw. I used to own the 12in model (01486) before upgrading to a much larger Startrite machine, four-years later. With a 'Supertuff Fastcut' blade from Tuff Saws, I was able to rip some thick sections of hardwood (up to about 6in maximum, IIRC). I did end up replacing most of the bearings (especially the blade guides) with rubber-sealed ones from Simply Bearings and I went through two of the plastic tensioning knobs before I made my own, very crude effort from a scrap of hardwood and an offcut of flat bar. Apart from that, it was a great starter. You won't go wrong for only £50!

Latest posts

Back