SIP 01574 vs JET JTS-600

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIC1962

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone got an opinion on a SIP 01574 table saw. Does anyone know what the rip fence is like, or if it has any common faults. We are still looking for a table saw that is quite big, with a sliding table, mitre guard, cast iron bed. We are also looking at a JET JTS-600 has anyone know which one iis best or have other contenders.

Thank You

I don't have either of those models but all of my large stationary power tools are JET, Bandsaw, spindle moulder, drum sander, Drill press, morticer, disc/belt sander, Bobbin sander and Thickness planer .

I wouldn't have anything else, certainly not in the price range anyway.

David

I'd second what David says, I also own a few Jet machines and can't fault any of them. They are all solid and reliable and I always have great confidence that they will do what they are supposed to do.

Richard

I would say avoid the JET. A while ago I helped a friend unpack and put together one he had ordered, and he sent it back next day. Wasn't accurate nearly accurate enough and the build quality seemed poor and not up to their usual standard. Usually Jet stuff is really good, but I would avoid this saw.

You will undoubtedly have the odd machine not up to standard, JET inclusive, however the difference is the customer support is excellent with JET, any probs, they will sort it out, much like Screwfix , who also have a lot of my custom because they do not quibble. If I pay the money I expect the service and JET delivers that.

Good luck with your choice anyway.

I have the Jet 600.
Couple of weeks ago the unit failed. Initially it was thought that the problem was the start capacitor, but in fact turned out to be the brake.
The unit has been taken away, new motor fitted and returned to me in a week.

This was by Timberman of Carmarthen - thank you.

I cannot fault Timberman for their diligence and the speed of the supplier, Jet, in getting the new motor to them for renewal.

If back up is to be a consideration, the above has to be considered.

steve

Back