SIP 01454 - 10" x 6" Planer/Thicknesser Wiring Dia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twarhurst

Reaction score
My grandfather is a really stubborn man, the other week he managed to smash the box on his machine while moving some things around. Needless to say, he thought he'd just go out, but another box and then swap it over.

However, what he didn't do - is take a snapshot of the wires/layout before taking them off.

I've searched these forums franticly after getting hits from google all the time searching for answers, but still nothing seems to come.

Over the last 48 hours I've had calls with SIP and they refuse to help, searched google and google images with no real help either. In another act of desperation, i also sent messages to everyone selling them on ebay too, hoping one would be able to send me a picture of the inside of the switch box.

The closest I got was a circuit diagram from another similar SIP model was this one

The diagram itself doesn't really help me when trying to wire up 2 devices, a kedu JD2 relay and a kedu ZH-B rotary switch.

I've managed by process of elimination to get the relay to power on, and stay on at the press of the start button. But fitting the 3 cut off sensors and motor is proving to be a problem with the leads i have left.

Of course I don't want to bypass any of the sensors in the off chance my grandfather hurts himself.

Does anyone have any info, or even a diagram of the layout?

This is a link to an image of the components in question.

After a lengthy check of the switch diagram, and online data sheets i do know this.

The rotary switch looks complex, with 8 pins and 4 "c" pins. but all it really does is.

Left position; A to Z, B to Y, Ctop to Ctop, Cbottom to Cbottom.

Right position; A to Y, B to Z, Ctop to Ctop, Cbottom to Cbottom.

(so its just a swap over really, except for the C's)

Central position; everything isolated (besides the pins that are jumped of course)

Of course, I know its a long shot that someone has some of this information laying around, but I've been going barmy for the last few days trying to sort this out.

Any help is appreciate, thanks for taking the time to read this if you got this far you deserve a pat on the back.

Many thanks,

Tristan

*edit 1 - working on the "report to moderator" links - Sorry :(

*edit 2 - after searching the forums, seems new posters cant link pictures, ill have to wait till the mod allows them. (other alternative was to post a few more posts, but didnt wanna spam for no reason)

That wiring diagram isn't very helpful is it?

I'm sure I can tell you how it should be wired, but only if you can post pictures of all the other terminals that the two switches should be connected to.

If you can't find the wiring diagram, suggest you post some pics of the DOL and the rotary switch. Also a pic of the motor nameplate.
Is this a three phase or single phase machine and what are the switch positions controlling ?
Usually, safety devices ( eg emergency stop ) are wired to the contactor hold in. The safety devices are NC which allow the current to flow through the hold in coil. If a safety is activated, it opens the circuit, cutting supply to the hold in coil and the power is shut off.

Thanks for reply.

The planer is a 1-phase motor.

Selector switch is a kedu zb-h.
Start-stop: kedu jd2.

B212A476-939A-4CF3-839F-15BD4013D3F8.jpeg
1100C236-4106-4591-9D1E-D01764EB1954.jpeg
095A49E5-CEB9-42B4-BDF7-FADDD653DC3B.jpeg
6AD81545-7784-467B-9AA9-81B745FB1161.jpeg

Back