Sip 01446/01332 owners, help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried posting it in my old thread but maybe nobody looked because its an old thread.

Anyway. Long story short. I have an older 01446, they revised some parts internally and now things don't line up like they should. If you have one that's not 10 years old, can you take this pic for me and post it ideally with the date you got yours new. It seems some parts are interchangable between the 01332 and 01446 so even if you have the 01332 a pic would be great!

1633524611382.png

The square nub on the top motor mount there used to be on the left of the part, now its on the right. That means things don't line up to connect to the worm gear because they also moved/revised something else.

Thanks!

Hi, I've got the 01332 bought in early 2018.

Tried to take a photo to match but there's a motor in the way!
20211006_160606.jpg20211006_160439.jpg
Here are a couple from each side which might help. If there is another angle I could try, let me know

Wasn't this part of the opening titles of THUNDERBIRDS sorry, hat coat

More picture are always good chaps, thanks!

Hi, I've got the 01332 bought in early 2018.

Tried to take a photo to match but there's a motor in the way!
View attachment 119280View attachment 119279
Here are a couple from each side which might help. If there is another angle I could try, let me know
Thanks Fidget i really appreciate your help. That helps identify at least one issue, that the manuals I can find for the 01332 do not match that layout! Can you confirm that with your own manual?

Looking at your photos it appears that the worm gear will rotate the shaft behind it, which will rotate the rectangular block which is then connected to the linkage that i've circled below in the top right. Can you confirm that for me? I'll get on to the guy I've been talking to at Sip with one of those photos and the below image as if the below is as still printed, then they've missed a beat and in my case it's not helping!

1633545361454.png

My manual doesn't seem to match the machine either!

By the way, mine is an Itech but I'm sure they're just rebadged.

Yes the worm gear does work in the way you described.

A couple more pics, one of which shows that section a bit more clearly... I hope

20211007_130628.jpg20211007_130913.jpg20211007_131122.jpg

HTH

Oh I'm sure they are just rebadged, the manual is identical and the saws appear to be too!

Anyone else with a handy pic?

Oh I'm sure they are just rebadged, the manual is identical and the saws appear to be too!

Sorry I can't take pics at the moment (not in UK) but I remember a post a while ago complaining parts on iTech 01332 had changed on different production runs, although the parts lists hadn't been updated. If mine breaks, I'll most likely have to buy a new saw as is no doubt the case with many Chinese products.

Well after my last message with SIP it seems I am on my own. Their own technical diagrams do not match the saws they are selling and it would appear that it may have been like it for some time. Since the drawing is wrong, yyou can;t order a part that you can't find on the drawing. So I'll have to bodge it.

I'll try and keep a record of what I do for the other people that end up in this state.

Back