SIP 01332 table saw: worm wheel alternatives

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarrenDublin

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering would anyone know where to buy or have any alternatives to the 64104 worm wheel for this saw?
I've contacted Sip and World of Power who both said its been discontinued with no alternatives (seems a bit mad!)

Mine is totally gone and can't raise the blade more than 15mm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm in the same position and can't find one either. Mine has worn both the worm shaft and worm wheel and just jams up soI need both parts

Looking at the diagrams I thought the worm wheel for the 12" version would fit but having bought it its about 6mm bigger and so wont work.

My current thinking is the wear on the worm wheel is only on about 1/4 of its radius, so I'm hoping it can be rotated 180 degrees and then drilled to accept the linkages?

I asked sip uk and they gave me this response

64104 is out of stock until the 14/11/20

Regards
Caroline East

However a quick search shows people have been looking for this bit for over 5 years so I'm not holding my breath.

If you come up with anything I'd really appreciate a heads up.

Thanks

Toby

KingKay":13aivujq said:
Looking at the diagrams I thought the worm wheel for the 12" version would fit but having bought it its about 6mm bigger and so wont work.Toby
How is it bigger, length, diameter? it may be possible to have it machined.

I asked sip uk and they gave me this response .....64104 is out of stock until the 14/11/20
Strange as the parts page on their website says it's discontinued.

Is it possible, or a viable option, to buy a cheap off the shelf thread to fit the bigger nut?
Presuming it might be a bit more skookum?

Sounds odd that they would do that though? :?

Thanks for all the replies. I've contacted Sip again and they said they'd definitely have them back in stock in November, so I've ordered one.
Might try to rig it up in the meantime, or maybe look for a replacement off another machine. Maybe a Charnwood, Holzstar or Scheppach???

Thanks again

Maybe try Itech if that company is still going, as I believe one of those SIP saws is identical.
You might be able to find other clones if you search google, google with UKworkshop added, or here
if you can find it in the search, or by typing in those specific brands with some keywords 'tablesaw', 'table saw' 'clone' , 'copy' of 'identical' etc.

Tom

Ttrees":v42a9w4l said:
Maybe try Itech if that company is still going, as I believe one of those SIP saws is identical.
You might be able to find other clones if you search google, google with UKworkshop added, or here
if you can find it in the search, or by typing in those specific brands with some keywords 'tablesaw', 'table saw' 'clone' , 'copy' of 'identical' etc.
Tom

Scosarg still list the saw but when I bought the wheel kit for mine, the parts were SIP boxed so, no doubt that's where they obtain spares. https://www.scosarg.com/itech-250mm-cas ... -saw-bench

Latest posts

Back