SIP 01332 10" cast iron table saw. ***H E L P*** please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTimmo

Reaction score
Hi folks. (Firstly, apologies should this plea for 'Help' not be in the correct department).

I have a SIP 01332 table saw which I've owned for the last 15 years or so. I is a fantastic saw for my needs, (hobbyist), and still is in great condition for it's age. :D

However, the raising/lowering mechanism gave up the ghost just before Christmas, so I dismantled, removed the worn parts, worm-wheel & height adjustment rod, and ordered new parts direct from SIP. Due to various unforeseen reasons, it is only now that I've been able to attempt reassembly with the new parts. Unfortunately I appear to have forgotten exactly how things go back! The crazy thing is that I usually take photos of anything I take apart in order to make life easy. #-o

I have contacted SIP directly if they could assist with this issue. They've sent a diagram which is so unfathomable due to being out of focus, and parts looking quite different to that of what is staring me in the face, it is of no use to be honest.

Should anyone who may have the same model of saw be able to take any photos of this assembly and be able to send to me to give me a chance, then I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

I have one of these and will see if I can post up a pic or two for you later today

Hi there. Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, and so quickly. I'll keep an eye open for any photos you manage to post. =D>
Cheers, Timmo

I'll do the same Timmo if I can find time tomorrow, mine is a bit more difficult to get at for taking photos as I installed a folding router table on that side of the saw.

I replaced mine 4 years ago due to wear as in the pics and decided it was my own fault as I didn't clean the crud off the mechanism often enough.

I can't find pics of the change over but it wasn't too difficult just fiddly and tight spaces to get hands and spanners in.
One thing I did find however was that the handle end of the worn drive wouldn't fit the old handle so I had to modify it as SIP wanted to sell me a new one and I'm too tight for that malarky!

Attachments

• invoice.JPG
    invoice.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 499
  • worm drive.JPG
    worm drive.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 499
Tried to post a couple of pics for you, but the file size is too large so gone for a cuppa and to learn how to compress image file sizes.......

View of the outside part of the height adjust mechanism in case you need this ?

Attachments

• IMG_8415.jpg
    IMG_8415.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 471
Sorry Timmo couldn't take pics today as had to go sort some problems for a family member will be later in the week now unless someone else can beat me to it.

Thanks GrahamF for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, the manual that SIP have is only for the latest 01332 model of the 10" saw. They admit that it has changed over the years, (as most things do I suppose), but they can't supply original manual, accurate to that of mine, because they don't appear to have it :( . Even the replacement parts they've sent through are not identical to that on my saw, but that can be overcome with a little 'bodge-it & leg-it' work.

Thanks again.

Timmo :)

Dangles beat me to it, that's the same date manual as mine. I've scanned a section of that page to see if it's any clearer if it helps

Attachments

• Publication1.png
    Publication1.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 370
Hi,

Just wondering if you'd have the contact for who you talked to in SIP. I've recently contacted them to order a new worm wheel and they said it's been discontinued.

Thanks,
Warren

Hi Warren.

I ordered the replacement bits via the part-list numbers from the diagram I found on-line.

However, depending on the age of your machine will dictate as to whether the replacement part will fit without modification. The new worm-screw, (height adjustment screw/rod), I received was too long, missing a flat on one end, and also needed drilling & tapping so that the original handle would fit back on. The worm wheel has got different slots to that of the original.

I got virtually zero help from SIP in my attempts to reassemble the saw with the re-designed parts.

link to manual:
http://www.sipindustrial.com/manuals/01332.pdf

D-71 Worm wheel
D-56 Height adjustment screw/rod

These were the parts I needed.

I would advise to take plenty of photo's as you dismantle, as I made the mistake of not doing so, thinking it would be a breeze with the manual - how wrong I was.

My saw still is not right. Maybe if you do take any pics, you could let me know so I could compare with my efforts.

If I can help any further, please give me a shout.

Cheers.

Timmo

D-71 Worm wheel
D-56 Height adjustment screw/rod, which doesn't do any favours in helping with reassembly

It's more than 4 years since I replaced mine but even then had to adapt the hand wheel as the only other option was to buy a new wheel as well. I remember the worm screw wasn't rocket science to fit but some of the bits were very awkward to get at and skinned knuckles were the order of the day.

The SIP is just one of several identical clones so if no joy with them you might do better with others. I've just checked on their website and the part is indeed listed as discontinued which is rather strange as they are still selling the saw, unless of course the design of the mechanism has changed significantly.

Thanks for the help. I might look at getting one off another machine, maybe a Charnwood or Holzstar.

I'll try take a couple of pics tonight so you can compare with the original, if that helps

Back