Simply enjoying myself.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Chas :D
I like the detail on the rim again.Great grain pattern too.
I nearly bought an Elm blank last week,but all the pieces he had looked a bit too plain,unlike the pieces you have been doing :D

Yes I had not realised how variable Elm can be Paul, that was a piece been lying around for a couple of years, choosen at the time for the grain possibilities, much softer and darker than most I have turned.

Bodrighy":379hlgj4 said:
(Mind you if Diane got rid of some of those books think of how many more you could get up there :twisted: )

Pete

You do like to live dangerously at times Pete. :!:

__________click on image for larger view

_________
____________________Ash
__________Next task is to devise a set of mandrils for these, too much hassel turning a jam chuck each time,
__________plus I lost a couple due to wood splitting with this bored through method of achieving anti spill of tooth picks.

Another nice piece Chas and another nice looking piece of wood.
I'm sseing it as a pinky brown colour.Is this the colour of it.

Paul.J":167bgpq1 said:
......I'm seeing it as a pinky brown colour.Is this the colour of it.
That was somewhat redder Paul, adjusted it to near the other sample I have here, the piece itself is already with the new owner. The wood itself looks more faun and grey until the sealer is applied then it reddens up.

_________ __________click on image for larger view
______________Sweet Chestnut
__________First off the developing mandrel setup, getting the dimensions pegged so that size checking of parts is reducing.

Paul.J":mr68wg2j said:
Will we be seeing the mandrel been made :D
duno.gif

__________the tool protrusion and stone to fixture distance is fixed for all my gouges.
__________The tool protrusion setting block can be seen on the right of the jig.
__________My tool tip angles range from 30deg. for detail fingernail gouge to 60deg. for base of bowl gouge.

__________click on images for larger view

_________ ___ ___

**Edit: 2012 this jig has now been modified to operate exactly the same as the tormek head so that it can be used with and alongside a Tormek jig so that I have a jig set to each of my preferred gouge settings.

__________click on images for larger view

_________ ___

PowerTool":3c49jkep said:
.........what project is lined up for the auger ?
Andrew

Funny you should ask that Andrew, been so long getting round to making it and the hollow centre that the original request has gone away. (bedside lights)

No doubt someone close will find a suitable wood/project mix that entails it's use.

CHJ":2h11bq35 said:
PowerTool":2h11bq35 said:
.........what project is lined up for the auger ?
Andrew

Funny you should ask that Andrew, been so long getting round to making it and the hollow centre that the original request has gone away. (bedside lights)

No doubt someone close will find a suitable wood/project mix that entails it's use.

Would be ideal for me for boring into local birch for sap collection !

Excellent Chas :D
Must be saving yourself a fortune doing all these metalwork projects.
The MK3 looks a big improvement.
I think i've got 2 more bedside lamps to make soon :D

Paul.J":3ngavgi4 said:
....Must be saving yourself a fortune doing all these metalwork projects.
The MK3 looks a big improvement.

Don't know about the 'saving fortune' bit Paul, but as the metal source is currently free to me it at least helps my conscience to justify the purchase of some more 'must haves' that I can't construct, and of course they don't fill the house with bits of round wood, at least for the few hours they take to construct anyway.

_________ ___ ___

__________________Cherry________________________________________________(200mm)

_________ ___ ___

________________Laburnum_____________________(83mm)_____________________Yew (120mm)

Back