Simply enjoying myself.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent selection of work,Chas ; don't know why,but the conical shapes are very visually appealing (i.e. the beech,elm,and particularly,the last cherry piece :D )

Andrew (who's had no workshop time at all recently :( )

_________

________________Elm (177mm)

_________ ___ ___

____________Cherry bangle (80mm)__________Coloured Beech (195mm)____________Elm (106mm)

_________
_________ _________

_________Yew & Zebrano (130mm)_________Cherry & Yew earings.

Nice to see a change of idea Chas, yet see you still managed to squeeze in a couple of bowls. :wink:

I think Zebrano is the wrong wood for finials, the figuring is so big you can't see it in the small sections. Yet I like the design, keep up the good work.

As Tam said, nice to see something different.

Where did you get the caps for the earings from? I can get the pins and the rest of the findings but haven't been able to locate the caps yet?

Have a go at making some out of plywood. If you cut it at different angles you get some really nice effects. I'll take some pictures next time I do some. My daughters have nicked all mine as soon as I've turned them, :lol:

Pete

Bodrighy":2f9ugohx said:
......Where did you get the caps for the earings from? I can get the pins and the rest of the findings but haven't been able to locate the caps yet?..

Sorry Pete, honestly don't know source, daughter passed them on to me from some shop in Leicester, will ask if it was a known chain or independent.

Went looking for smaller versions myself, but could not find any.

The packs did not have brand name on them so difficult to search for them or stockists.

All very nice - love the ear-ring stand and ear-rings :D
Love the shape and colour of the beech bowl as well ; must have been nice to have some time in the workshop - mine hit 29 C today :shock: ,far too hot for me :(

Andrew (looking forward to a good thunderstorm..)

Pete, next time you are looking/searching try Bead Caps.

Still not found my ideal pattern for what I need without spending a fortune but getting closer.

Craft supplies seem more expensive, type findings in Google and there are loads of things a lot cheaper. The caps are cheaper at the one that Chas suggested.

Pete

Pete,

The Bead Store
11B Fore Street, Mevagissey, Cornwall
Everyday -- 9:30am to 9:00pm
Phone -- 01726 844999

8 irate person Walk, Barnstaple, Devon
Monday to Saturday -- 9:30am to 5:00pm
Sunday -- Closed
Phone -- 01271 371181

Back