Simply absurd coincidence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Mods, I crave your indulgence in that even though this could be construed as 'off topic', it is related to the router table thread below and is also pretty extraordinary.

On the thread below https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4024&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 I had asked about a short term router table plate option 'til I could afford a lift or new router etc.

Chris (waterhead) replied saying that he had one he didn't use anymore and would send it to me if I PMed my address. I did so and we got chatting on PM as you do and we ended up talking about how I started up and the fact that so much of it was possible by having a wife who was a breadwinner. He rightly told me that she was one in a million.

Imagine my surprise then when the table plate arrived this morning with a note inside explaining which bolts were for what etc to see Chris' address. He lives next door to my in laws :shock: :shock: This is the house that my wife grew up in. :shock:

Anyway,after I wiped the coffee off the kitchen windows and the cooker and wiped up what was left of my bacon sarnie after the dogs got there, I phoned my wife who is in London on business today and told her.

Her reponse: "Thats amazing, especially since..."

WHAT :shock: :shock: - what can be added to that to make it more odd?

".. the taxi I got into last night to take me to Nikki's house (the friend where she was staying) didn't seem to know the way. He said he didn't know North London very well since he was from south of the river."

She asked him where he was from - West Wickham in Kent it turns out.

She says, "Oh I grew up in xxxxxx "(don't know how kosher it is to put too many details in this so I won't put the village in).

"I used to go to a GP there", says the driver.

"Whats his name?" asks my wife.

He tells her.

"Thats my dad!" she says. :shock: :shock: :shock:

All too much for me!! :D :D :D :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Tim

Who has lined his workshop with tinfoil to stop the satellites from watching!!!

While in Austria many moons ago on a caving expo my cousin an I bumped into an Australian.

Got chatting and he asked where we were from...

Cousin replied, North London.

Where abouts, asked the Oz.

Enfield, replied I

Nooo really where abouts in Enfield, replied the Oz

Cuz Gave him the road

Get out of town yelped the Oz

What number asked the Antipodean

77 we both cryed...

LOL, my sister is you next door neighbor

Unfortunately he turned out to be the most boring person in the whole universe. :(

Signal

Tim

To round it off, does Chris actually know your wife from when she lived there? :)

Tony,

No I don't - I've been living here since 1995 but haven't seen Tim's in-laws' children that I recall. Still, an absolutely amazing coincidence I think - especially with the Taxi driver addendum.

Latest posts

Back