Similar Song

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugbear

Established Member
Reaction score
As I was driving to a car boot on Sunday (far to late to get any bargains, I'm told), I turned on Classic FM.

It was playing a nice variation on "Love of my Life", by Queen. Ooh, I thought, Classic FM are going populist.

The (nice) music came to an end, and the announcer said...

"Romance No 1" by John Brunning.

WHAT?

Here's "Romance No 1":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMm0_d0CCAk

Here's Queen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUJkCXE4sAA

What do the assembled populace reckon?

BugBear

Hi, BB

Sounds very close, but fancy admitting to listening to Classic FM, Classic light drivel at best, can't stand it my self, then I am at the age that adverts and DJ are bugging me, I drive down the road shouting "Get on with it*

Pete

Both excellent.
There have been various other "sound-alike" hits ovr the years, some resulting in long-running court cases.
I enjoyed both of those. I think I might have a Queen evening on Spotify.

Thanks for that
Steve

This bit of the assembled populace was pretty much able to sing along (badly) and thinks the bit she heard was darn similar. Not as good as Freddie obviously, but still similar. And comfortably post-Queen (1975) because it was apparently written for "Classic FM Guitar - The Ultimate Classical Guitar Album" released in 2008. However, given how often classical composers have been ripped off by the pop music world, I can't find it in my heart to get too worked up about it.

And give BB a break, Pete. It was early Sunday morning - evidently he wasn't awake yet. ;)

Yup..rip off..but then John Brunning is one of the Classic FM in-house Patsies. Think of some banal tunes, probably written by Howard Goodall - 'world famous' according to ClassicFM - or Carl Jenkins and they are all instantly forgettable. Mind you Radio 3 is going down the tubes now with all their incessant ruddy 'send me a text to tell me what your favourite piece of music is while picking your toenails'.

As I was driving to a car boot on Sunday (far to late to get any bargains, I'm told), I turned on Classic FM.

It was playing a nice variation on "Love of my Life", by Queen. Ooh, I thought, Classic FM are going populist.

The (nice) music came to an end, and the announcer said...

"Romance No 1" by John Brunning.

WHAT?

Here's "Romance No 1":

Here's Queen:

What do the assembled populace reckon?

BugBear

I had the same reaction. How can Brunning be allowed to crib from Queen/Mercury?

These days I don't know how people can tell so called singers apart, they all sound so similar and even the males sound female, but it can be so funny watching strange looking people like that ed sharon making a show of himself but then just like if we buy cheap machinery we are letting the suppliers get away with it then if people accept such noise then it becomes acceptable.

Latest posts

Back