Silver dressing room

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this thread has taken an odd turn. I am very pleased that a) Bob's business is up and running again and he is super positive and b) that he is willing to post his high quality work on here.

Comments about how people spend their hard earned money are not appropriate at all. We have no knowledge and anyway who are we to judge. Men like tools, cars, boats, planes, golf clubs, shotguns and god knows what else. (So do some women). Judging women for liking sunglasses, handbags and shoes is completely daft. Personally I think a woman who cares about her appearance is to be applauded.

Just because she buys a few sunglasses does not mean that she doesn't support underprivileged people as well. Having worked in the City all my life pretty much, I think these judgements are ignorant. I know some very wealthy people who spend a lot of time and money doing work for people in dire straits - but they don't all seek approbation and public recognition for it.

We all have different taste. Lots of Russians and Arabs have a taste for bling. I don't. But each to our own.

Keep at it Dr Bob. I like your work and attitude.

AJB Temple":271kicsc said:
Wow, this thread has taken an odd turn. I am very pleased that a) Bob's business is up and running again and he is super positive and b) that he is willing to post his high quality work on here.

Comments about how people spend their hard earned money are not appropriate at all. We have no knowledge and anyway who are we to judge. Men like tools, cars, boats, planes, golf clubs, shotguns and god knows what else. (So do some women). Judging women for liking sunglasses, handbags and shoes is completely daft. Personally I think a woman who cares about her appearance is to be applauded.

Just because she buys a few sunglasses does not mean that she doesn't support underprivileged people as well. Having worked in the City all my life pretty much, I think these judgements are ignorant. I know some very wealthy people who spend a lot of time and money doing work for people in dire straits - but they don't all seek approbation and public recognition for it.

We all have different taste. Lots of Russians and Arabs have a taste for bling. I don't. But each to our own.

Keep at it Dr Bob. I like your work and attitude.

Very kind, my sentiments exactly, thank you. At this point in time positive stuff is great, even the negative comments on taste are understandable. Pointing out my personal faults and trying to start a fight, Heyho, if it floats ya boat.

Back