Silly question about Yandles.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably a very silly question but is the timber centre at Yandles open on Saturdays? The Yandles website suggests not though the woodworking centre is. I may be passing that way tomorrow and thought I might drop in but no point if its closed.
Cheers Mike

:) Yes Roger I probably should, but the keyboard was at hand and the phone is behind me. 'tis laziness of the first order I know. Having said that its symptomatic of something else I find which is that increasingly I find my self dealing with people / companies that have decent websites which allow me to avoid human contact as long as possible. Strange eh:) not to mention foolish.
Cheers Mike

From the web site: but burried on a link from location map.

Woodworking Centre
Choice is in abundance at Yandles Woodworking Centre. A wide and varied range of manufacturers and equipment allows you to make the right choice for your needs and budget. In stock you will find anything from hand tools to the latest machinery, finishes and accessories. Brands in stock include De Walt, Record, Trend, Draper, Liberon, Black and Decker and many others. Why not take advantage of our free parking directly outside the shop and see for yourself?

The centre is open Monday to Saturday 8.30am - 5.15pm and Sunday 9.30am - 1.30pm

Direct Line: 01935 822514

mr":28pz63fb said:
:) Yes Roger I probably should

However, a lot of organisations today (particularly banks) deliberately design their systems so that it's impossible to speak to anyone who might have an answer to the question you want to ask. So it's probably not surprising that we increasingly use electronic methods to communicate.

All very unsatisfactory, really :wink:

Paul

I'm just as guilty :oops: having, before the days of broadband, fired up the computer, dialled into my ISP, navigated to the rail enquiry website, navigated the pages to find the train times I wanted...instead of picking up the phone and dialling!

Hi Roger

Roger Sinden":gy7ktprp said:
I'm just as guilty :oops: having, before the days of broadband, fired up the computer, dialled into my ISP, navigated to the rail enquiry website, navigated the pages to find the train times I wanted...instead of picking up the phone and dialling!

That's an unfair comment, as you knew it would be quicker to fire up your pc. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

The woodmill is closed saturdays but the woodworking centre (which stocks turning blanks) and the timber self selection areas are open until 5.15.

I have to agree that sometimes it can be easier to look on a website to get the information rather than make a phone call. After all, in many cases, that's what the website is there for!

Although our website has been criticised in the past I like to think that most 'straightforward' questions can be answered from the site, although more technical or user-specific questions have to be dealt with either over the phone or by email.

However, it is annoying when websites aren't kept up to date; I recently spent the first part of an evening in Brentwood looking for a restaurant that had closed down two years ago, but was still featured on a website.
It's also annoying when you email a company for information and they don't reply for several weeks, something we try to avoid.

Thanks all, am aiming to be in zumerzet over the weekend so thought I might pop into Yandles on the way. Trouble is if the timber shed is shut then Ill end up in the tool bit and that would be fatal.
Cheers Mike

mr":gdiiswau said:
Thanks all, am aiming to be in zumerzet over the weekend so thought I might pop into Yandles on the way. Trouble is if the timber shed is shut then Ill end up in the tool bit and that would be fatal.
Cheers Mike

I admire your self control; and wish you luck as you run the gauntlet of the :tool: section to get to the till.

CHJ":94ubllol said:
wish you luck as you run the gauntlet of the :tool: section to get to the till.
Hmmm that might be a problem - I seem to recall they have a cabinet full of shineyness right next to the till as well.

mr":14el2a13 said:
CHJ":14el2a13 said:
wish you luck as you run the gauntlet of the :tool: section to get to the till.
Hmmm that might be a problem - I seem to recall they have a cabinet full of shineyness right next to the till as well.

It was still in plain sight last time I called.

Back