Sikkens testers.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJP

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all -

We have hardwood windows painted with Sikkens Teak HLS & Filter7.

We now want to paint these same windows black .

I want to obtain testers of HLS and Filter 7 in Black just to see how it covers the Teak but the only ones I can find are from Sikkens themselves in Belgium. I'll follow this up if necessary but bearing in mind the holdups with international shipping these days does anyone know where I can get testers in the UK?

I've had a Google around but the ones I've found all lead back to Belgium.

Thanks for any help,
Martin.

Hi Jon - thanks - well, they appear to be trade only and only mention Sikkens as auto finishes but I'll email them and ask - doesn't look promising though.

Sorry, assumed you were trade...
really any black paint will do probably

Hi all -

We have hardwood windows painted with Sikkens Teak HLS & Filter7.

We now want to paint these same windows black .

I want to obtain testers of HLS and Filter 7 in Black just to see how it covers the Teak but the only ones I can find are from Sikkens themselves in Belgium. I'll follow this up if necessary but bearing in mind the holdups with international shipping these days does anyone know where I can get testers in the UK?

I've had a Google around but the ones I've found all lead back to Belgium.

Thanks for any help,
Martin.
Ive used the black -its slightly translucent from memory as it is a stain rather than an opaque paint but Im pretty sure it will cover the teak fine

you might need to use 2 coats for full opacity over the teak -you will lose some of the wood grain doing that but not like a black paint.

Ah - that's the kind of comment I was hoping for Robin - thanks.

Confirms what I suspected - that it would be OK but I might need more than one coat.

OK, I'll go ahead and order some now.

Martin.

isn't there an opaque black woodstain available as this would be my choice of finish. my favourite black paint is sandtex flexi but I would use opaque woodstain if available. like superdec.

Back