Siggy Chaloupka: Woodworking Down Under

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Dare say quite a lot of you don't know Siggy but, if for nothing else, take a moment to drop by Benchtalk101 this week and marvel at his sublime tailvice:cool::cool:

Siggy has been a regular member of Bench.Talk.101 for the past few months, waking up in the early hours of the morning and joining us!

Based in Melbourne, Australia, he grew up to learn some of his woodworking from his father who apprenticed in post war Germany. Siggy brings knowledge of European woodworking tools and methods, combined with the challenges of working with Australian timbers.
69d14097-68cc-3576-ce76-8855565d97dd.jpg
This week’s @bench.talk.101 (Thursday 17th February 2022) will start promptly at UK time 20:30 and finish 21:30 (15:30-16:30 EST). You can join the conversation by clicking on the link or button below:

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Meeting ID: 811 6468 8577
Password: 2CFJYi
Meetings are recorded & published on Bench.Talk.101 YouTube channel. By joining the conversation, you are giving permission for your participation in the talk to be recorded and the recording to be made public for all to enjoy.

You can watch previous episodes of Bench.Talk.101 on our YouTube channel.

I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday.

Cheers,
Shrenik & Andy

I'd like the challenges of working with some decent timber....
instead of the carp available here......
just been told Euro Oak is now 3,000euros per cube.....gone up 500euros in a month....!!!!!!!
Just ordered (UK) a solid int Oak door and having it shipped here for 1/2 the price of the raw timber.....bloody madness.....and I will buy 8 more soon....
Think I'll take up pallet furniture making.....
U can buy a 1 time used euro pallet for €2,50 and a heavy 1x1m pallet for 3 euros as new.....!!!!!!!!!!!
now found a good way to take em apart without splitting the wood.....just in time eh.....

Longest ever Benchtalk101 and very enjoyable if I say so myself. Siggy certainly opened up the door to a world unbeknown to me.
I'll post a link when it's up on YouTube.
Cheers Andy

Latest posts

Back