Shoulder plane choice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Rob Lee realises what a bunch of no-hopers Brimarc are? I presume he must have tried to do a deal with Axminster and failed to agree suitable terms. I certainly would not like to see a Rutlands exclusive on Veritas stuff, so I wonder where that leaves us?

Perhaps Rob would like to think bigger and consider a full-fledged Lee Valley setup, franchised or wholly owned?

waterhead37":3a18awpz said:
I wonder if Rob Lee realises what a bunch of no-hopers Brimarc are?
I may have, erm, mentioned it to him... :oops:

waterhead37":3a18awpz said:
Perhaps Rob would like to think bigger and consider a full-fledged Lee Valley setup, franchised or wholly owned?
Oh yes, please do think like that, Rob. :D For the good of the Commonwealth and all that. :wink: Can you imagine the consternation in the US if the first LV store outside Canada wasn't in the Uoonited States? :lol:

In wishful-thinking land, Alf

Rob? What ya reckon? Can you get Brimarc to play ball? I'm sure there are many WWers who only know of Veritas through Brimarc and are totally ignorant of the fact that what they have seen is only a drop in the ocean compared to what is offered in North America.
See what you can do, please.....

Rgds

Noel

I've never used Brimarc and judging by the rave reviews I see here, never will :evil:

Buy the plane from Canada direct. Mine took 1 1/2 or so weeks to arrive which is probably the length of time people have been complaining about Brimarc in this thread :wink:

Cheers

Tony

And if you go cheapie post, it's only 4 weeks or so. Assuming you can wait that long, which of course sometimes you can't.

Rgds

Noel

Noely":1aql0yw3 said:
Rob? What ya reckon? Can you get Brimarc to play ball? I'm sure there are many WWers who only know of Veritas through Brimarc and are totally ignorant of the fact that what they have seen is only a drop in the ocean compared to what is offered in North America.
See what you can do, please.....

Rgds

Noel

Hi Noel -

In BriMarc's defense - we only recently released the planes to dealers, and they have been ordering frequently - it just takes awhile to learn what the appropriate product mix is - and, with a capital intensive line like planes, it can be an expensive proposition.

I'll discuss this with our Export Director, and see if we can come up with something to ease the pain...after all, it's certainly in our best interest to have you tempted on a regular basis ....

Cheers -

Rob

Rob,
I appreciate Britain isn't a huge market, but us keen WW'ers really like good gear-just a browse through the threads on the forum should prove that. You sell a wide range of innovative quality tools (your low angle spokeshave and dovetail markers are fave tools of mine :D ) and it certainly is disappointing when we can't get our hands on them.
Please give Brimarc a gentle kick in the stock area!
regards,
Philly :D

For info , Jean Burhouse in Scotland, amd Isaac Lord in Bucks both stock Veritas stuff. What I'm not sure of whether they get them from BriMarc, or dieect from Rob

cambournepete":336teryj said:
Tony":336teryj said:
Buy the plane from Canada direct. Mine took 1 1/2 or so weeks to arrive

How much was the postage, and did you get stung by customs ?

Sorry can't remember postage costs - think total was around £70. Nothing from customs for this
Unlike the LN :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Back