Shots from my Shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to share some shots from my shop.
It's not as fancy as some, but it's come a long way in the past year.
I've got 90% of the tools that I need (25% that I want ;) ) so now I can spend more time building and less time worrying about what I need so I can complete a project.

shop2.jpg

shop3.jpg

shop4.jpg

Nice - and plenty of timber on the racking,so you know you need to make something big to try it all out :D

And to be seasonal - what sort of heating have you got in ? (Can't be having all those lovely tools getting damp,can we?)

Andrew

PowerTool":19r2xw9v said:
And to be seasonal - what sort of heating have you got in ? (Can't be having all those lovely tools getting damp,can we?)

Hi Andrew,
For the summer time, I've got a dehumidifier out there to keep the tools dry. My workshop (it was the garage :) ) has a concrete floor so it stays pretty cool in the summer time. I open the door to the main house if I need some cool air.

In the winter, I've got a quartz radiant heater mounted above the workbench. It does a nice job of heating me and the current project -- feels like you're being baked by the summer sun. I insulated the garage door really well, so it doesn't take much to keep it warm out there. I've also got a little ceramic heater that I can use to preheat the shop. Also, I throw down the foam tiles to keep my feet warm -- and save my chisels when they roll of the workbench. :roll:

Philly":8r73cmis said:
Looking good, Dave!
Time to get stuck in,
Philly :lol:

Thanks Philly! :)

I'm glad that the cold winter is almost here -- so there's no obligation to do any outside work.

How long until you're employed full-time as a cabinet maker? ;)

PowerTool":1znyot90 said:
Nice - and plenty of timber on the racking,so you know you need to make something big to try it all out :D

Right now I'm making a bed for the wife and I out of hard maple. Most of what you see on racks to the left are the glued up rails and posts. I'm hoping to start on the headboard this weekend. The maple has been pretty easy to work, although it dulls my plane irons fast!

The two sets of racks above the bench are the maple and red oak boards that I have left for projects. There's not much left up there so it's almost time to go to my grandparents for a load of red oak!

Dave

Nice pic's of the shop, thanks for posting them. I always like to see how others arrange their tools etc, its where I get most of my ideas from.

Back