Short door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disco_monkey79

Established Member
Reaction score
Further to the thread in general, I've got a new garage (yay!), but the timber personnel door is cr*p (boo!).

I'm not knocking the firm that supplied it, as I always figured it would need replacing. Anywho, I need a a door approx. 71" tall to replace it, which is way shorter than "normal" front doors.

I'd imagine that's far too much to cut off a standard front door, so my question is - can short doors be bought, and if so, from where? Or can anyone suggest a design of door that I could google, that would be within the scope of an enthusiastic (but very) amateur to make?

Much obliged

If you've got any Architectural Salvage yards near you, have a wander round with a tape-measure and see if they've got anything from which you could saw the end without compromising it's structure. That might be quick and (fairly) cheap.

You could use a solid core blank, they're solid wood all the way through, so can be trimmed and lipped to any size.

Latest posts

Back