Shopping comparison sites?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

For several years I have used a site called MySupermarket

Sadly with little notice they have closed, they hope to sell on but its said they will only give it to the end of April

I just wondered if anyone else had any other price comparison sites worth trying

Its a great pity as MySupermarket was really useful

Does it make much difference by the time that you factor in the time taken?

Sometimes I use Morrisons, sometimes Waitrose. Aside from buying meat, which I do find expensive at Waitrose, I bet that there is less than a fivers difference in a week's shopping. On a rare occasion I go to tesco, and the amount is between the two, prob a pound or two over Morrisons, but nothing much.

MySupermarket will be sorely missed particularly the email alerts on price drops.
I did not use it to shop at different stores and waste time doing so but just to stock up on things I regularly use when offers were on at my usual supermarket.

The simple answer is yes, it can save a lot

I have in the main used it for certain products that I know I am going to use regularly, clover, T bags, deodorants etc not for the weekly shop (does anyone still do that?) likewise for my wifes often used hairspray, deodorant, face cream etc

So knowing that say Morrisons have Clover on at £2 a kilo, instead of £3, and who has T bags at £3 instead of £5.40 can save a lot of if you buy a few

Or that Boots have a certain cream on offer, buy two get on free for example, it can really mount up

I had an alert from MySupermarket once for a deodorant stick at £1 each instead of the usual £3.20 so bought 25 I think it was, thats a huge saving

As and when you buy booze, MySupermarket saved loads, so it will be sorely missed

We have Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys, all close enough to make the odd trip out of the way, the furthest being 3 miles away, so with a little preplanning its not an arduous task

PS I just happened to check new posts to the site and saw two replies to my post, but have not received a notification of any reply as yet, it that working? or just delayed?
(and yes I ticked the box for replies)

Oh no! That is annoying.

We didn't use the site every week but for checking certain items it was invaluable. We also have all the major supermarkets within a few miles so it definitely saved us a lot of money. I hope something takes it's place, looking at each individual website takes a lot longer.

Back