Shop time at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, this week I finally got some time in the shop. :)

Want to know how little time I've had lately? This week's project was assembling the Perform planer/thicknesser I got as a Christmas present from my LOML. Over three months it's been sitting in its crate.

However, it's now put together and I've begun the amusing process of attempting to fettle it, made even more amusing since I'm simultaneously trying to learn the fine art of operating the machine (never so much as used one before). Not quite sure yet where my shortcomings meet those of the machine! (Actually, it's not bad out of the box and I'm hopeful that my results will improve as I get better.)

Just wanted to say a quick 'thank you' to Tony and others who have posted so learnedly on the subject of p/t's recently. Happily for me, the spate of threads has been a great learning experience.

tx2man":1oul4qdv said:
Think yourself lucky Pete, my Xcalibur is still entombed
since Dec.18th

Commiserations :(

I have loved (ha!) all the magazine articles over the winter promoting the glories of the winter months when 'we can all spend more time in our shops'.

My next priority is some draught exclusion, a heater (just in time for summer :roll: ) and some extra power sockets. Perhaps then I'll be able to make something!

Latest posts

Back