Shop air kit...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickds1

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi

Having rebuilt my workshop (floor collapsed in the old one - it was 150 years old after all...), I'm now looking at installing shop air...

In the USA they seem to have kits available for around $90, but getting one to the UK is costly - as much again. At the moment, I have a compressor under a bench then drag hoses around the place. Sub optimal.

Are there kits available in the UK without the loony import and postal charges? What should I be looking for? Plastic pipe and quick couplers? What diameter? What type of moisture remover? Who to go to?

Basically, I'd really appreciate advice!

Thanks

This depends on what you use the air for, blow gun and nailer/brad/stapler then you don`t need anything with high capacity or a dryer, you can use decent rubber hose and clip it under benches it is really cheap in 10m lengths .
If you want to run sanders, spray gun , then its unlikely that the typical small compressor will run them and a fixed, plumbed system is going to cost.

I already use the rubber hoses etc. and it's a pain. I do use nailers etc. as well as impact drivers and so on, so the compressor is sized for that.

The whole point is to switch to a multi-point fixed infrastructure - I have a cellar too (the woodwork shop) which needs air as well as the main shop.

we setup air points using tap fixings from the following ebay seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Outside-Tap- ... 0290.m3507

using flexible hose to connect between and adaptors to connect the hose , thats in a car garage and works well with the largest diameter flexible hose.
Flexi hose tied up with clips and cable ties , max distance 20m 4 air points and a 250 litre compressor , fixed/rigid pipe is much harder to run at a low budget , we are using high demand tools including 3/4 impact , and tyre fitting machine.

Back