Shooting board plane.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although it may seem that Veritas are producing planes to fill very small gaps in the market, it is nothing to what Stanley got up to in 80 + years of trying to make every conceivable plane for every conceivable occasion.
Seems to me that Veritas are only thinking about reproducing the best of those Stanleys; which is sensible given the cost of producing a new design. If nobody buys it they're knackered.

Shooting begins with any old square sided plane followed by a skewed plane, then a mitre, then a skewed mitre, a dedicated shooter and then a dedicated skewed shooter. ... Did I miss anything? Mitre chopper maybe.

At the moment I am mid way in this list by using a straight mitre (Veritas low angle 'smoother') and get along just fine.

Jacob":uviovl8s said:
PeterBassett":uviovl8s said:
Jacob":uviovl8s said:
I can think of a lot more interesting things to spend money than woodwork tools and Japanese swords

I would be very interested in hearing what some of your chosen items might be?
Nothing out of the ordinary - high heel shoes, back copies of the Beano, rubber gloves, other odds and ends.

Jacob in high heels .... mmm ..... surely never in the workshop? :lol:

Regards from Perth

Derek

Jacob":1ea0nitd said:
PeterBassett":1ea0nitd said:
I would be very interested in hearing what some of your chosen items might be?
Nothing out of the ordinary - high heel shoes, back copies of the Beano, rubber gloves, other odds and ends.

Jacob in high heels .... mmm ..... surely never in the workshop? :lol:

Regards from Perth

Derek

Don't put ideas in his head Derek, it's bad enough sharing a workshop in this weather with his knobbly knees poking out of his shorts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers.

Doug.

Back