Sheppach TS Dust collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Sheppach TS2500 (not CI). It is hooked up to a DX (capable of moving 2200m3 per hour) at the guard and at the 4inch collection point below the saw. I still find that a disproportionate amount of sawdust etc collects on the floor below the base.

The metal shroud around the blade is up and the vent closed down.

Does any other owner have this problem - or better still had it and fixed it?

Cheers

Tim

Tim I expect you know I have the scheppach2500ci purchased August 05.
My dust collection I would describe as perfect (use a small Record RSDE1)
I would point out that my dust extraction system inside the Scheppach bears no relation to the manual. When I questioned that point with NMA they told me I had the latest machine and there have been modifications.

At the time speaking to suppliers I also asked if they really expected me or any single individual private householder to turn the machine on its side once a month (I think it weighs nearly 3cwt) and clean out any dust. I recall there was a pause and the outcome was to remove a panel from machine to do any maintenance which I suppose cannot be put in writing because you would then have an unguarded machine.

Thanks DW - I think they have put quite a few mods in the new version. I think I really need someone who has an older ally top one.

It is so disappointing that NMA don't seem to give the right answers unless probed and that the instruction manuals are so poor.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

Does yours have the aluminium vent underneath blocked off? - on the "tray" for catching sawdust which you move when taking the blade off? Its supposed to be blocked off when a dust take off is used and left open if you don't use a dust extractor.

Adam

Tim,

I have the ali one fo these and also get a considerable amount of dust on the floor under the machine as well even with a similarly rated dustex. Haven't found a solution though.

Sounds like the CI version has many improvements, does it have slots parallel to the blade as well?

Gav

I have the aluminium TS2500 and even use the Scheppach extractor with it. I have always had a problem with dust under the machine. I was told that I needed to check for air leaks in the system as this has a dramatic effect on performance, I have been without success to date.

I'll try and send you a photograph of the inards over the next 24 hours.
My memory says the sliding table side has no dust collection shroud and the r/h side of the blade has a shroud with slots and I did not have to make any changes to the setup (mind you my machine was fitted up by suppliers at a price)

Devon,

I think your machine is significantly different - and thus although it'd be interesting - I doubt it'll help. Tim, have you tried mounting some strips of foam under the metal table so the "dust shround" makes a proper seal? I was presuming this was where the dust was thrown out of?

Adam

Tim

scheppach2500ci dust collection

A couple of pictures attached I did take more if you want different angles let me know and i will PM.

dustw1.jpg

dust2w.jpg

Dust in the bottom on the second picture comes about because I was cleaning off those 3mm strips for the 13 box project, and that is what has accumulated over the last 3 months, which when I get a dry day I will use a blower to blast out the rubbish into the garden.

Hi Tim, I don't have the 2500, so I can't comment on that, but I do have the 2000 which I have to say has always had terrible extraction even though its on one of their extractors! Every six months have to strip it down a clean it all out because if I don't I start to get limited travel on the rise and fall of the blade and this is due to it filling up with dust!

I have been thinking about putting an extra extraction hose under the saw and afixing it inside to stop this from happening. But really it shouldn't happen in the first place. This is the one things that lest down these saws.

SimonA

Tim,

I have just recalled that over the past two weeks I have not had the top blade/dust extractor guard fitted I have been doing those frame tenons and the dust has fallen from that source as well.

Keith

Its difficult to know exactly because the DX is in a separate room and I only check it periodically plus all the planer chippings etc go in there too.

I would say tjough at a rough guess 30% - not based on anything other than it seems about right considering how often I change the DX bag.

It doesn't take very long (week or so) for a pile of dust 2-3 inches deep to collect below it.

Cheers

Tim

My first thought is that you are not getting enough air-flow. The rating for the machine is only vadid with an unobstructed passage so is relatively meaningless.

Perhaps your shroud is making too good a seal, you can get some idea from the note of the extractor.

Otherwise you could get the extractor running, remove the hose at the extractor end, then you can judge how much vacuum is being created. Mine is pretty free flowing; if that makes sense.

Keith

Keith

Do you have the vents closed or open on the shroud? Thats the only thing I can think of. They are covered on mine but then the instructions said only to cover them if using the Sheppach DX whatever, which is like my big Axminster DX.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

I've just been out and had a look, I must admit I have never studied it before :roll:

Like yours I have the vent grills covered with the removable plate, does your plate have an L section to extend round the side to cover a small waste outlet at the rear?

You split the extraction to give you some extraction from the crown guard, I wonder if that is robbing it of too much suck? I have a separate extractor just for the crown guard, you could try disconnecting it and see if it improves matters. The limited opening around the blade will certainly reduce any air flow, and if it can find an easier path it will.

If that works you could get something like an Earlex with a pleated filter for overhead extraction, cheap and cheerful :lol:

Keith

Thanks Keith,

Yes I have the set up described.

I hadn't thought about the split extraction causing the problem. I shall try it and see. I could add separate extraction but it would be yet another thing to switch on and off and there isn't an obvious place to put another DX, plus to do the up and over it would ahve to be about 5m of hose.

What Earlex are you referring to?

Cheers

Tim

Back