Sheppach hms 260 planer thicknesser problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Knox

Reaction score
Hi
I've worked my thicknesser pretty hard on some some oak and walnut this weekend.
The machine initially wouldn't restart but, after leaving it for a few minutes, worked perfectly well.
After a few more cycles the machine wont start at all (even after leaving it for an hour or more )
There's no evidence of overheating and the wiring in the switch seems fine.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks
Jeremy (with plenty more thicknessing to do)

Its induction.

Your problem probably isn't this, but I had a minor embarassing issue yesterday when I thought mine had blown a fuse for the first time. After changing it with no joy I realised I had stood on the lead and the plug at the machine end had been pulled out enough to cut the power.

Probably a capacitor, though.

Thanks
It's working again tonight after leaving overnight?
Wouldn't restart after running it for an hour or so though.
Could do with finding someone local who can test/repair the unit....
Jeremy

How hot is the motor casing after it has been working for a while.
Is it a case of a thermal cutout operating when switched off because you have lost the cooling air from the motor fan and the core heat is continuing to raise the temperature?

Interesting that Bob M (9fingers) has not replied to this motor-related query on here, nor to one on the Lathes section. Please don't let it be that some silly person has upset him and, like the invaluable Alf, he's taken his knowledge elsewhere?
Please.

Back