Shelf spans charts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trumpetmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of shelving and I want to tabulate some rules of thumb for different materials at different spans - a quick reference to take with me when quoting for jobs etc.

I already use the sagulator, but I am talking about a chart or graph I can quickly glance at to see the appropriate material for different spans/thicknesses/depths of required shelving.

I'm just wondering if anyone's already done this?

Hi,

I've had this stored in my favorites for years, I've never had the nead to use it in anger yet (though my post Xmas project is shaping up to be in nead of it).

It is called tha sagaulator and is an online web page designed to calculate what you are after. http://www.woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator.htm

A quick Google brings up many comments on the calculations but overall the consensus seems to be that it is pretty good.

Regards

James

Have you considered taking some time to make a table of your own using the sagulator?
It's no quick-fix, but it's a job you'd only need to do once.

I have now made a graph using the sagulator. Please tell me the easiest way to make an image available on this forum.

Jamesc":2gmdjvqa said:
Hi,

It is called tha sagaulator and is an online web page designed to calculate what you are after.

:lol: James you should have gone to specsavers mate.

QUOTE Trumpetmonkey: "I already use the sagulator"

Just be thankful that's the way the misspelling/typo went.
It doesn't take a spelling-whiz to see it could have been MUCH worse.

Back