Sheds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Chris (Waterhead) got me thinking the other day (fortunately for me it doesn't involve the cost of TS4010 :shock:) about once again maximising the space I've got available. I'm hoping to buy a toy this weekend so needed some floorspace.

I started by clearing all the junk onto the workbench :shock:

click on image for larger view

I found I had some wall space left that wasn't full - so a few things were moved off the workbench.

As always I found some stuff I'd been looking for for ages - Beeswax ready for melting down into polish

Best of all though, for the first time since I built the shed, I have access to the entire workbench (Hoo rah!). Boy am I wishing I sorted this out sooner!

Not one to waste time, i can finally finish off this box I've been making. Handcut (I know Neil - but it's good practice) dovetails in oak. Using a piece with staining from a nail is deliberate. I kind of like things that are "damaged", whilst still maintaining their functionality.

(Underneath)

Opened. It's still unfinished - I need to run some walnut round the inside to form a lip for the top to shut down onto, and finish the lock. It's well on the way though!

Back on topic however - it has freed up the floor space I needed to squeeze a P/T in.

And I've been saving 100mm extractor tube from work as and when they throw it away - so hopefully I'll be operational almost straight away.

click on image for larger view[/url]

So just waiting for Saturday now, so I can go and place an order!

A.

Hi Adam

It never ceases to amaze me how you fit everything in. The only conclusion I can come to is that your shed is actually twenty by twenty, at least. :wink:

On a serious note, I love the box. I just wish that I had the hand skills to produce something as well made.

Well done.

All the best
Neil

Adam,

Great job on both the clear up and the box. You certainly seem to have your hand-cut D/Ts down pat.

Just a thought, seeing your wall space. You could use a lot more of it by mounting all sorts of handtools on the walls. Someone here uses the French cleat idea for mounting boards that can easily be moved around and it would seem like something you could use.

I hope you enjoy your P/T

Chris,
Did someone mention my name?
Yup, cleats on the walls are a great spacesaver in my workspace, giving you the option to easily move things around on a whim.
Some pics...
http://groups.msn.com/ukwoodworking/han ... otoID=1278
http://groups.msn.com/ukwoodworking/han ... otoID=1267

I have shelving above the cleated area for lesser used stuff. You can change the wall boards to accept new tools as you buy them (as if :lol: )

Nice photo's Adam, a clean workshop seems so much more productive (make's a note for self.....)
What P/T you got in mind?
Cheers
Philly :D

Sorry Philly, I should have remembered it was you - another senior moment. I need a memory aid, perhaps when I want to Phill my walls with tools?

asleitch":ff6l9m2u said:
Back on topic however - it has freed up the floor space I needed to squeeze a P/T in.
Where?! :lol: I dunno; makes me feel horribly guilty about complaining about lack of space myself. :oops:

Nice box. 8) There's something about a well-made box that just gives satisfaction, isn't there? :D

Cheers, Alf

Nice job Adam. I think your workshop is a little short of sockets though! :wink:

NeilCFD

Hmm, reminds me muchly of my own...
01.jpg

only yours is bigger!! ( the shed, not the mess! :D :oops: )

timber storage...(*chuckles inanely*)
02.jpg

03.jpg

french cleats seem a really good idea right now..

Will hopefully get roung to sorting it this weekend. The sun's just come out, so if it stays out watch this space for a 'before and after' update..

Gary

Sqeeze it in??? Where will you stand?

Love the box, I have a soft spot for well made boxes and yours looks fantastic.

Also, you have my utmost respect for working in such a cramped space :shock:

Which P/T are you buying? I should probably know this but I don't get thew time to read all posts

Cheers

Tony

Back