Shed thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my first offering of 2011, not actually turned in my shed but took a trip to see the Wildman!!!!!
The original plan was to take a plain piece of sycamore and turn out a shape for Steve to paint and texture. However when I turned the outside we found the ripples and decided against painting it. It is far from perfect but we had a good time.
I am looking forward to turning far more this year, plans are afoot :D
Happy New Year to you all.
Rich

CIMG7395.jpg

CIMG7394.jpg

CIMG7396.jpg

I thought this was a shed build when i saw the title Rich :D
Lovely piece of timber and turning.Looking forward to seeing what else comes out the shed this year :D

Yet ANOTHER lovely bit of wood rich, fantastic grain and a lovely platter to boot, really enjoyed it mate.

Thanks lads :D

I managed to slip out to the shed this afternoon (after doing some long overdue house jobs :oops: )

This was an end of the holiday blast before reality hits tomorrow!!

Snake wood

CIMG7405.jpg

CIMG7412.jpg

that looks the dogs danglie bits Rich, really lovely grain in that one too, another one i wouldn't have painted... :cry:

Lovely pieces Rich =D>

Hope the first day back wasn`t too much of a shock :shock: :lol:

Hopefully catch up with Mad dog & yourself soon.

Best wishes

Hi Rich,

These are both very nice platters.

Really like the very wide surface on them and they look like they would make very good useable platters too.

I also like your simple treatment of the bottom.

Cheers,

Lee.

Thanks guys, some really nice comments :D

To be fair I turned this a while ago but never got round to sorting out the back and polishing it, finished it off today at work.
Beech and acrylic

P1000359.jpg

P1000360.jpg

P1000362.jpg

I hope you like :D
RB

really like that Rich, i suppose you made it the same way as the mirror we made, if so i need another lesson.. :lol:

richburrow":1j99okr8 said:
Yes Steve basically the same, apart from doing the back first and parting through from the front.
Would you like to have a crack at one sometime?

yes please i would, i have a feeling it would make a great addition to my cabinet collection..

That was good fun, made even more mess though :roll: I will have to sort the shed out sometime soon.

Ash bowl with some ripple

I know this is old hat to most but I enjoy taking WIP pics so here are some. I also use them at school for display and to help explain to the kids.

P1000363.jpg

P1000364.jpg

P1000365.jpg

P1000366.jpg

P1000367.jpg

P1000368.jpg

P1000369.jpg

P1000370.jpg

P1000371.jpg

P1000373.jpg

P1000374.jpg

P1000381.jpg

P1000372.jpg

rich, what a lovely bowl, you will have to bring it over on your next visit, good finish, lovely grain and nice and deep, perfect..

Back