Shed thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice shaped bowl there Rich and the ripple in the Ash is gorgeous 8) A good WIP, don't worry about them being 'old hat' everyone loves a WIP :D

The Makita radio is just showing off though...........

Hi Rich,

Had another look at this piece and I really do like it a lot.

Love the before finish and after finish pics, amazing how it changes the wood.

Would you mind telling what size the blank was?

Great work.

Lee.

Yet another lovely looking piece of timber Rich,and very nicely turned and finished :D
I have some Ash logs i just hope they turn out as nice as this piece.
Did you turn this piece on the right hand side of the lathe :?:
I like your piccy frames too.That would be a nice little project for your students :D

Having ago with PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first step towards one of my ideas, just a test, see what you think :D

CIMG7418.jpg

Thanks guys :D

This is not turning and not done in the shed, however it is a bowl none the less.

P1000383.jpg

P1000384.jpg

I had an epic fail in the shed tonight, flying spinning Elm (hammer)
Hopfully I will have time to re turn it tomorrow evening. Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Rich

richburrow":2r3lkrl5 said:
Thanks guys :D

This is not turning and not done in the shed, however it is a bowl none the less.

P1000383.jpg

P1000384.jpg

I had an epic fail in the shed tonight, flying spinning Elm (hammer)
Hopfully I will have time to re turn it tomorrow evening. Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Rich

Rich , can you set the record straight on this one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Hi Rich,

For the 'record', this piece just isn't hitting the right 'note' for me, I can see you're 'playing around' with a new idea but it just doesn't 'sing' to me like your other work.

What speed did you turn this at by the way, 900BPM!!!

(hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

hahahahah
you are all a set of jokers :D

Sorry Paul I didn't see you question, I do all my bowls on the left hand side, no lathe bed to get in the way.

Mike I use a Patriot and have Aminster K10?? I think, only use that for the button jaws, long nose jaws and some small jaws.
Patriot is my favorite of the two.

Had another go at last nights fail and made a right mess of it, I will post a pic of the even more Epic Fail later. Shame because it was a lovely piece of wood. Still I have learnt what not to do next time :shock:

Back