Shed roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you do go for something like recycled plywood or recycled floorboards, I'd recommend using a heavier duty roof felt rather than shed felt. The reasons for this are covered in this video (and have worked well for me on two sheds so far). I guess it depends on how may rolls of felt would be needed and the price per roll. I'm on a pretty tight budget as well, so I know how tricky that can be!

Last edited:
I redid the roof on my cheapo (came with the house) 8×6 shed a couple of years ago. Two sheets of osb3 and heavy duty felt. It's still in the same condition now.

It's tempting to just tear it down, but a new roof is much cheaper than a new shed if the structure is adequate.

I don’t know how close she is to Ystrad Mynach but Emlyn Lloyd is the best and cheapest builders merchant/iron mongers in the Valleys. Shameless plug, but I’ve used them for over 20 years and they are excellent, very happy to sell things like half rolls of felt to keep cost/waste down

Back