shed extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just extended my workshop but I've kept the extension separate as a store for bikes etc.

I spotted a coil nailer in one photo , what are they like any good ?

That one is a stanley bostitch, I got it from a place I used to work. They really do speed things up if youre not bothered about appearances, but I wouldn't use one on cladding. They can make a mess. That one is just a baby one, fires upto 50mm coiled shanked nails. It does make youre arm ache after a while. I used to use the daddy versions useing 75mm nails but they were suspended. You got quite a kick off them. Thats maybe why my elbows are goosed useing them for seventeen years. I believe the coiled nails are very pricey. Its lucky I have a couple of cases

Started putting the insulation in today.

insulation.jpg

I also got these laminated chipboard sheets 6'6" by 9'6" for £10 each only problem I can barely move them :D I plan on lining the inside with them. I hope their not too bright. I maybe should have got some wood affect for the walls and white for the ceiling

whiteboards-1.jpg

Mark

Hi Graham, thats one of the joys of being unemployed. If you could call it that :cry: Lots of time but little money to do stuff :D
mark

I managed to panel the inside out with the conti board, dropped a couple on my head (hammer)

sun1-1.jpg

Because my garden is at differant levels I had to raise the extension by nearly 2 feet. The old green house that I converted into a shed to house my lathes is even lower down. It looks like a little hobbit door in the middle.

sun6-1.jpg

This is a picture looking from my lathe shed throught to the extension. Now my workshop is a whopping 14metres long :D

sun3-1.jpg

Mark

I went to pick up a very good ebay buy yesterday. These cost me the grand sum of £5

tues1.jpg

Perfect for putting the timber I got awhile back

tues2.jpg

I sorted it all out and its mostly ash, beech, maple and sapele. There are some quite nice pieces, that piece at the front is nearly 12" wide by 4". Its a shame its got a awfull bend in it.

Yeah, I was going to do a tour vid when I get it looking all spik and span. I like seeing peoples workshops. I think their should be a thread devoted to peoples man/woman caves. :lol:
Mark

Back