Sharpening Mediums - In response to the Autosol Questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D_W":uukgh9yi said:
you guys are a lot more health conscious than most of us americans.
Some of the things I've seen on "how it's made", "how do they do it", and "dirty jobs" amaze me.

And these are things they were happy to do with a camera watching, knowing it
would be broadcast. $DEITY only knows what they do when they think no one's looking.

BugBear

bugbear":2pa44zw7 said:
D_W":2pa44zw7 said:
you guys are a lot more health conscious than most of us americans.
Some of the things I've seen on "how it's made", "how do they do it", and "dirty jobs" amaze me.

And these are things they were happy to do with a camera watching, knowing it
would be broadcast. $DEITY only knows what they do when they think no one's looking.

BugBear

I think it depends on where you are here. When I worked in the cabinet factory, we had no lost-time injuries for something like 500 days with 500 people. there were a lot of opportunities to have one, but safety was important there.

Across town, there was a very old aluminum foundry. I'm pretty sure people who worked there don't have a long life expectancy - either from hazards at work or accumulation of thins in their bodies that they wish they hadn't accumulated.

Poor safety here seems to go hand in hand with stuff like family farms (people climbing silos without being secured, backing tractors into lagoons and getting suffocated by methane gas, etc).

Back