Sharpening chisels for a complete novice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nann na naa na na na 🤪 Bevel edged ;)

I've actually only got one firmer. A gigantic 15mm square thats 14" long and a lovely hornbeam handle i got from heavens knows where.

nann na naa na na na 🤪 Bevel edged ;)

I've actually only got one firmer. A gigantic 15mm square thats 14" long and a lovely hornbeam handle i got from heavens knows where.
That sounds like a sash mortice chisel.

Possibly. Its for depth, though I thought maybe paring deep into a mortise. I use it occasionally but tbh i dont really have a use for it.

Interested to know why you thought I'd have lots of firmer chisels. Are you accusing me of being a rough joiner ??? :LOL: :LOL:

Possibly. Its for depth, though I thought maybe paring deep into a mortise. I use it occasionally but tbh i dont really have a use for it.

Interested to know why you thought I'd have lots of firmer chisels. Are you accusing me of being a rough joiner ??? :LOL: :LOL:

sometimes, you gotta build crude stuff like benches and beds!! (not that you can't do those with bench chisels).

The few american posters on here have to adjust what they're thinking when you say stanley, as the 750s are popular here and generally the same shape as the LNs. So I envision you using the LNs and then using almost the same chisel with a heavier hammer. Presumably, you're talking about 5000 series chisels? They're never or almost never found over here (the marples types are common, though - blue handled).

Latest posts

Back