Sharp practice or genuine mistake?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
While browsing the web for prices I came across a shopping comparison site Zencudo (identical in concept to kelkoo). There was a Festool OF1010 router advertised for £233 from Tool-Net. Very competitive price, I thought.

However, clicking on the link to Tool-Net, suddenly you find VAT slapped on. Not quite so competitive.

Other companies such as Screwfix or Axminster show the VAT inc price on Zencudo/Kelkoo. So either it is a genuine mistake by Tool-Net or a deliberate attempt at misleading. I've asked TN for clarification and also the OF1010 at £233 :lol:

Will keep you posted

Roger

ToolNet always have had their prices PLUS VAT ever since the've had a website.

Gardenshed..not disputing that BUT the prices they pass through to kelkoo or whoever are NOT VAT inclusive and so very misleading. If others can pass through VAT inclusive prices then why can't ToolNet?

Roger,
point taken.

tooNet started out as a reseller to the trade so vat wouldn't be an issue for them or their customers.

I wonder if Kelco add the vat automatically themselves when their search engine locates the item your enquiring about, so they can have the price comparison with other resellers of the same item ?.
Just a thought

Back