shadow line on bosch mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I brought one of these after it was mentioned on this forum. works perfectly. fits perfectly. its an improvement because its "everrite" ie it can't be off. I found it easy to split a pencil line! the original laser was a sturdy item by comparison but not as good. a little pricey but I recall the laser being very useful when it was accurate.
I do like lasers on handheld circular saws as they do remove the guess if they are aligned.

the only problem i had was sawing green oak the sawdust built up around the light. I guess it would build around the laser. anyway I cleaned it and its good as new. the laser was a really heavy duty unit(unfortuneatly flawer)

I don't know the Bosch saw, but with that design, If I was fitting it, I would make sure the wiring to the lamp is secured so it will prevent the metal lamp housing falling into the blade should the metal housing get so hot it causes the 3D printed part to soften slightly. I haven't seen the product, but the lamp may be in an enclosed space in the saw and not be able to dissipate heat properly. It could get very hot. I suggested to the designer he should run a crude test to establish what headroom he has on temperature. The plastic starts softening at 85C.

I don't know the Bosch saw, but with that design, If I was fitting it, I would make sure the wiring to the lamp is secured so it will prevent the metal lamp housing falling into the blade should the metal housing get so hot it causes the 3D printed part to soften slightly.

I received mine in the post this morning and fitted it at lunchtime. The power wires are routed securely in the path used for the original laser module and the LED is actually slightly larger than the aperture that it shines through. Assuming the shroud that covers the laser (now the LED) is reattached, I can't see how any part of the lamp or lamp housing could fall into the saw blade even if it melted - I guess that in the very unlikely event that the 3D printed holder melted to the point that it became runny, you might get a few drops of plastic on the saw blade.

I should add that the lamp is controlled by the original handle-mounted switch for the laser so it only needs to be switched on when required.

Appreciate the feedback guys, hopefully you're finding them more useful than the laser. Any problems just give me a shout

Back