Series 2, land rover, soft top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pic of my old S2 Lightweight Land Rover. Original rather than immaculate!
And me in an Austin Champ about 50 years ago!!

Attachments

• IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT0001 (2).JPG
    PICT0001 (2).JPG
    105 KB · Views: 26
I shook off the Land Rover bug in about 2005 having had a few Discos as my on-road car since 1995 - and before that several 88s and a 109 . . . . . as well as

IIIswagon.png
Series III 88 Station Wagon that my wife used as her car from about 1984 - 92

But this was really good fun back in the late 1980s . . an ancient Series I 88 for off-road trials with the Land Rover Clubs and the All Wheel Drive Club
trials1.png

Still interested in LRs - if the Premium Bonds come up with anything substantial I'll be off the dealer to buy a new Defender.

So just an update, the Land rover is off the table as it's a series 3 and probably updated too much. Absolutely mint but following the advice on here, too much has been changed.
So I'm now getting something on 2 wheels. Hopefully a future classic but should be a lot of fun. I'll post it up when it arrives.

So just an update, the Land rover is off the table as it's a series 3 and probably updated too much. Absolutely mint but following the advice on here, too much has been changed.
So I'm now getting something on 2 wheels. Hopefully a future classic but should be a lot of fun. I'll post it up when it arrives.
A reliant going round a corner? :)

I had a couple of s3's..... my recommendation would have been to buy an anchor, you'll need to throw it in the nearest hedge when you want to stop! If that doesnt work, just drive into the hedge, that usually did it 🤣

Back