• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Series 2, land rover, soft top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Fergie 307

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have a tracker fitted? They are worth it.
I agree they are worthwhile, but also very easy to find if you have a suitable scanner which are very cheap nowadays. You need to be quick off the mark. If the thieves know their stuff they will probably find and remove it within the first hour or two.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
I shook off the Land Rover bug in about 2005 having had a few Discos as my on-road car since 1995 - and before that several 88s and a 109 . . . . . as well as

Series III 88 Station Wagon that my wife used as her car from about 1984 - 92

But this was really good fun back in the late 1980s . . an ancient Series I 88 for off-road trials with the Land Rover Clubs and the All Wheel Drive Club

Still interested in LRs - if the Premium Bonds come up with anything substantial I'll be off the dealer to buy a new Defender.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
So just an update, the Land rover is off the table as it's a series 3 and probably updated too much. Absolutely mint but following the advice on here, too much has been changed.
So I'm now getting something on 2 wheels. Hopefully a future classic but should be a lot of fun. I'll post it up when it arrives.

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
So just an update, the Land rover is off the table as it's a series 3 and probably updated too much. Absolutely mint but following the advice on here, too much has been changed.
So I'm now getting something on 2 wheels. Hopefully a future classic but should be a lot of fun. I'll post it up when it arrives.
A reliant going round a corner? :)

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of s3's..... my recommendation would have been to buy an anchor, you'll need to throw it in the nearest hedge when you want to stop! If that doesnt work, just drive into the hedge, that usually did it 🤣