Sending items abroad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portANY

Established Member
Reaction score
I have someone interested in a few items but they want them shipping abroad , obv at there
Expence, I am just very jubious he mention a transfer via
Western union which I have been advised
Against so I said about PayPal , is this service safe and secure
As my mrs has worried me
By saying that the payee can claim there money back ??? When something don't seem
Right it usually isn't I just wondered has anyone else
Had any dealings with sending to
Ukraine and payment etc

Cheers Lee

If their PayPal payment is funded by a credit card and it is possible for them to convince their CC company that there is something wrong (faulty goods, goods not received etc) then they could initiate a "chargeback". PayPal would then refund the money - but this can happen with any CC transaction.

Western Union gets a lot of bad publicity but providing you go the your local WU office and get the cash before sending the goods I can't see a problem.

There's always a bank transfer - or best of all cash.

Whatever you do don't part with the goods until you have payment and always send by a method with delivery confirmation.

Pretty much what Roger has said, if you get the cash first via some kind of transfer then you will be safe (they would have a job getting the cash out of your mits :) )

If you're still unsure then just don't bother, is it a substantial order?

Personally, I have sent hundreds of items all over the world (sold on eBay and paid with PayPal) and only ever had one problem and it turned out we were able to prove that he was trying it on so it wasn't a problem in the end.

Remember, most people are quite honest and will not try to make a rogue claim against you.

Make sure you send the item via an insured, signed for service. Royal Mail do two 'International Signed For' and 'Airsure'. With ISF the item is tracked until it leaves the UK and you get confirmation of delivery after delivery has taken place in the destination country. With Airsure, the item is tracked and traceable even while abroad. The only problem is that Airsure doesn't cover all countries and I think Ukraine is one not covered. Royal Mail website

HTH

regards

Brian

Get purchaser to buy you an Axminster gift voucher on-line, and send you copy of proof of purchase e-mail.

The vouchers usually arrive next day.

I recently swapped gifts with someone in Canada and voucher arrived same day as I posted parcel.
Only limitation is they only come in £10 increments.

Back