Sending a PM

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
Bit confused here.

I attempted to PM another member on this forum this morning. Clicked their name, wrote the message and submitted. When I look now, I find that message is sat in my outbox with nothing in the sent box which is where I expected to see it.

Has it been sent, how do I know if the recipient has got it. Please don't say PM him !!!!

Am I just confused about the path a PM takes.

Jeff

No it probably means said members inbox is full, so it can't be sent until they clear their stuff out, or... sometimes I find I simply can't get the messages to leave - e.g. having PM'd waterhead, it sat in my outbox, and Chris assured me by email his inbox had space - but no luck. Quickist thing to do could be copy the message text and try sending another PM - alternatively, tell them via chat, or ask a moderator to email them?

Adam

When you send a PM it sits in the 'outbox' until the member you sent it to reads it. This gives you chance to edit it if need be and check if they've read it or not..

FWIW, my inbox has been 100% full for weeks, and I still get PMs. Presumably the old ones are getting junked (gawd knows what info I've lost... :roll: ). But anyway, it suggests full inboxes are not an issue.

Cheers, Alf

Back