Quantcast

selling forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

boschboy

Established Member
Reaction score
why can i not advertise for sale on this site its only a couple of months ago i sold my band saw on here
any advice

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
They increased the post count threshold from 20 to 50 because of a few people recently trying to take advantage of the forum as a place to sell their stuff with a targeted audience without sales fees and without contributing at all to the rest of the forum.

Phil Pascoe

occasional purveyor of blunt tools.
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Trevanion":1vv86xpw said:
They increased the post count threshold from 20 to 50 because of a few people recently trying to take advantage of the forum as a place to sell their stuff with a targeted audience without sales fees and without contributing at all to the rest of the forum.
Can't imagine why that was done. :lol: :lol:

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Trevanion":12eevp0x said:
Zackly. It's all in the FS rules/guidelines.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Noel":1c09cg4q said:
Trevanion":1c09cg4q said:
Zackly. It's all in the FS rules/guidelines.[/quot

FS rules/guidelines should insist member makes it clear in the subject heading if and when an item has sold.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Lonsdale73":32ju7qq8 said:
Noel":32ju7qq8 said:
Trevanion":32ju7qq8 said:
Zackly. It's all in the FS rules/guidelines.[/quote

FS rules/guidelines should insist member makes it clear in the subject heading if and when an item has sold.

See No 4 in the rules/guidelines regarding status of FS posts.
Presumably you were interested in something that had already been sold and the seller did not update the thread?
Although most members do update their posts it can be frustrating for a prospective buyer when a sale is completed by PM and no update is evident.

Good opportunity to remind FS posters to adhere to all the rules of the FS board.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Noel":dp5zis4n said:
Presumably you were interested in something that had already been sold and the seller did not update the thread?
Precisely. There was an item listed few weeks ago that seller seemed to be having difficulty in shifting but I wasn't in a position to buy so didn't want to waste a member's time, expressing an interest that could be several weeks before becoming an actual sale. I am in a position to buy and this morning I read through several posts of similar items before finding the original and each of them had sold without any mention in the heading. Takes seconds to edit the heading to read "SOLD" and is no more than a basic courtesy to other members..

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Lonsdale73":316ob3ec said:
Noel":316ob3ec said:
Precisely. There was an item listed few weeks ago that seller seemed to be having difficulty in shifting but I wasn't in a position to buy so didn't want to waste a member's time, expressing an interest that could be several weeks before becoming an actual sale. I am in a position to buy and this morning I read through several posts of similar items before finding the original and each of them had sold without any mention in the heading. Takes seconds to edit the heading to read "SOLD" and is no more than a basic courtesy to other members..
I agree, it's a discourtesy having used the free service of the forum to dispose of items and not bother updating the thread status.
Thanks for the feedback.