self adhesive tape measure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
Another query i get asked a lot for is self adhesive tape measures

Axminster dont supply very good lengths of this, Rutlins are better but expensive.

RS components part no 373-780 is also another i use
Starret are the manufacturers but dont supply direct unless you ask. they do however supply almost every hardware store in the UK. if you require it ask your local ironmonger for a look at their starret catalogue and order it through them cant remember off hand the part nos but they do r-l and l-r . Small business's are always better to deal with and are far more helpful than your local warehouses.

Hope this was of help for anyone making jigs requiring a sticky back tape measure.

Ian

Ian Dalziel":20nmgovn said:
they do r-l and l-r

Yes they do - sort of. They do IMPERIAL R-L but not metric (at least, not according to their website). The only metric is metric/imperial and that is L-R :(

I recently got round this by buying an R1 (I think) tape measure. Several places sell them, including left-handed shops and online. It's not self-adhesive though so you have to rout a suitable groove and lay it on a bed of Stick-It-AllTM. And you have to deal with the fact that the very end is missing, of course. But I built a Picture-Frame fence for my neighbour's SCMS and it works a treat on that, as I made the fence itself calibratable.

My 2p.
Cheers
Steve

Back