self adhesive measuring tape

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Can anybody tell me were I can buy a decent sizs self adhesive measuring tape for use on a crosscut fence. All the ones I have seen are around 50 inches. Why do they not make them bigger? I am after one around 8 foot in length.
Thanks in advance
Phil.

yikes phill.....thats a hellova length o tape....

guessin here... have you tried Starret..???

Hi Phil,

If it's the case of a standard left to right your wanting, I recently needed about eight feet as well for a mitre saw fence extension and just bought a cheap 99p eight foot tape measure and fixed with contact adhesive once cut to length.

cheers,
jonny.

phill can you not use a blade from a retactable tape ,and use a core bit to cut a shallow groove and glue the tape in .

frank

Get used to working in metric & join a few 1.0m lengths end to end :D

Jason

Just noticed that Rutlands do a 12ft metric/imperial one by Rousseau as well as the shorter Dakota ones.

Jason

Rutlands do both left to right and right to left adheive tapes for just this purpose.

Hi all ,
I am looking for a metric one reading right to left but have looked in the rutlands catalogue and on the site but cannot find them , could someone give me the part number
Thanks

Adrian

Rutlands only have imperial left to right and right to left by Dakota DKL 40 & DKL 41 both at £4.35 on page 6 of the summer catalogue 48" long and 9/16" wide.

Dewy, i've sent you a PM about this.

But if anyone is interested. I'm getting a sheet printed, laminated both sides and a sheet of self adhesive backing then applied onto the sheet. The is getting printed at 2500x914mm, so will give me alot of tapes (19mm wide)

The cost of printing is £45 and i think i can get around 55-60 tapes from this. So if anyone is interested in helping towards the printing cost and need a few long tapes then let me know.

tape.jpg

Andy

I'm one of the old school LyNx.
I would have been looking for imperial tapes if Rutlands only sold metric.
Imperial measures are a natural progression using halves, quarters, thirds etc.
Metric is a made up measuring system based on the diameter of the world and the Frenchman who made it up got his measurements wrong so a kilometre bears no relationship to the earths diameter.

Latest posts

Back