Seig SX4 motor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munty Scruntfundle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

Does anyone know what the motor is in the Seig SX4 Mill? I'm about to get mine refurbished and want a higher power/speed (plus bearings) motor to go back in. Yes I'll know what it is when I take it out, but I don't want the engineer waiting around for days while I order a replacement, he's expensive!

Thanks.

You will only get a higher speed if the existing motor is a 4 pole and you replace it with a two pole but depending how the motor drives the mill, changing this ratio is a better option. @deema and @Sideways both refurbish machinery and may know the details of the motor. Is it a three phase or single?

It’s not something we’ve played with. Sideways may have before he knew me. Looking on Axminster Tools WEB site who sell them, they appear to have a 1,500W brushless DC high torque motor.
That’s not a case of just changing an AC motor and deciding on the power / number of poles, your options will be very limited depending on how the drive electronics are derived.

EC2DF1A8-B3D3-4196-B211-502DF25C67B7.jpeg

If you can't find the information close to home contact Little Machine Shop in the US they specialize in those small lathes and mills and have replacement motors to 1000 watts. Don't know if one that big would fit or not. They might be able to suggest what to look for locally. Tooling, parts, and accessories for bench top machinists - LittleMachineShop.com
Pete

I see deema's post shows the mill already has a 1,500 watt motor.

Back