Seen this Y/T Woodwork vid before? (Cheepie-sashcramps)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used the more adaptable version many times - screw blocks onto suitable pieces of timber so as to span across the work, then use a pair of folding wedges on each one to tighten them up. In contrast to the ones in the video, they will work to clamp a frameowork where you want the clamping force square to the work.

But still a good example of a cheap and flexible solution.

AndyT":2q5ae09p said:
I've used the more adaptable version many times - screw blocks onto suitable pieces of timber so as to span across the work, then use a pair of folding wedges on each one to tighten them up. In contrast to the ones in the video, they will work to clamp a frameowork where you want the clamping force square to the work.

But still a good example of a cheap and flexible solution.

Yes Andy,

I like the folding wedges myself. On occasion I have used an MDF board with two runners fastened each side of a frame. The pressure provided by folding wedges again. Some foil under the joints to prevent sticking and Robert's yer Mother's brother. :) I find it that a good way to correct for square too. The MDF takes care of 'winding'.

John :)

Back