Seeking circular round window vent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm refurbishing an old flat and in one of the windows is one of those old circular vents ..the ones that you can twist to block off the draught. Diameter of the cut hole is 189mm. Does anyone have any ideas where I might locate a new one. Google is not helping this time. Replacing the pane of glass is not really an option as the flat is on the 3rd floor.

I also have an internal aluminium bathroom vent that also needs replacing and again, does anyone know where I might source this old fitting.

Many thanks

Roger

I've seen them for sale at either B&Q or Wickes I'm sure.

Adam

Adam

I'll check ...I hope you're right! My local 'shed only has the plastic ones that fit tumbler drier vent pipes etc.

Still open to other suggestions !

Definately the thing I'm talking about - we had the same situation - a "plastic" pane in the batchroom - with one of these vents the pane wasn't replaceable- and one of the blades had snapped - so it didn't work properly. Definately it was one of the big sheds.

Adam

I'm pretty sure Screwfix has both of these. Although I wouldn't guarantee one at that (189mm) size. I seem to remember them being somewhat smaller than that (ie, around 100-150mm).

Pete...that's the problem I'm finding. Everything seems sized to the 'new' dimensions but I'll follow up Adams' suggestion (and also checkout SFix)

Back